Ultrasound for Skin Rejuvenation & Wrinkle Reduction Course
Learn Ultrasound for Skin Rejuvenation & Wrinkle Reduction Treatment.
- This course qualifies you for CPD points and insurance cover.
- We cover core knowledge behind the treatment followed by extensive practical training to ensure that all our graduates are fully competent and can safely and effectively carry out the treatment.
- We will provide an Academy Diploma.
Ultrasound has been used in medicine since the 1940s. Its safety, precise control and excellent predictable results have made ultrasound an important addition to cosmetic practices.
- Ultrasound for skin offers excellent results without pain, anaesthesia and down time.
- Ultrasound not only deeply exfoliates the epidermis, increases penetration effectiveness by up to 4000 times compared to hand application, it increases collagen and elastin production and repairs damaged cells, breaks down fat and controls pigmentation.
- Ultrasonic action helps to slow down the signs of the ageing process which cosmetic surgery cannot do.
- Dramatic results can be observed even after the first treatment.
- Ultrasound brings important new opportunities to the aesthetic industry, offering many non-invasive new treatments which are safe and suitable for most people including those with sensitive skin.
- This treatment is best combined with non-needle carboxytherapy and radio frequency.
- These three technologies (radio frequency, non-needle carboxytherapy and ultrasound) work together to provide a non-invasive “super facial” which instantly rejuvenates the skin.
UNIT 1 – Safe and effective methods of working when carrying out treatments:
- Health and safety
- Data Protection Act
- Client modesty, privacy and confidentiality
- Sterilisation methods
- Equipment set up and Maintenance
UNIT 2 – Anatomy and Physiology, and other science relevant to the treatment:
- What is Ultrasound for Skin Rejuvenation
- Ultrasound for deep cleansing
- Ultrasound for product penetration, also known as sonophoresis
- Ultrasound for healing and repairing at the cellular level
- Characteristics and layers of the skin
UNIT 3 – Planning, preparing and consulting client before treatment and understanding the organisational and legal obligations of performing treatments:
- Client consultation
- Contra indications
- Client suitability
- Risk and side effects
- Realistic expectations
- Areas suitable for treatment
UNIT 4 – Carrying out treatments:
- Live Demo
- Treatment techniques
UNIT 5 – Handling equipment and electrical safety:
- Importance of using appropriate contact medium throughout the treatment
- Safely administering ultrasound
- Appropriate timing and movements during treatment
UNIT 6 – Providing aftercare to the client:
- Returning clients and treatment maintenance
- Combination treatments
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE
Open to experienced therapists only with one or more of the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Beauty or equivalent
- VTCT Level 2 in Beauty with facial and electrical treatments
- Nurse / Dental Nurse
- Dentist – or dental practitioner
- Level 4 Micropigmentation with Level 3 A&P
To check if you will be able to undertake courses please call insurance. (We will suggest insync cosmetic insurance).