This course is the starting point for most of our students as Aesthetic Practitioners. Throughout the course you will look at the theory behind Dermal Fillers and will be given the opportunity to develop your practical skills using the most up to date techniques and equipment.
After theoretical teaching, our expert Trainer will guide you through techniques of delivering dermal fillers on live models. With the highest level of training supervision available in the UK today, graduates from this course are able to start practicing aesthetic procedures the very next day. You will receive the Certificate of Completion.
CPD accredited: 15 CPD points
Wrinkles filling, enhancing and restoring volume loss
Injected hyaluronic acid is non-toxic and biocompatible and it does not interfere with natural body processes. As it is gradually reabsorbed, it stimulates the creation of collagen. Which means that even when its completely gone, the skin is more hydrated and has more elasticity that before the treatment.
Dermal fillers are most often used for:
- modelling the contour of the face (e.g. augmenting cheeks),
- removing or softening frown lines between the eyebrows,
- reducing the wrinkles that can appear at the corners of the lips,
- enhancing the lips and improving their profile,
- filling out depressions (hollows) under the eye area,
- making indented scars from acne or chicken pox more even,
- adding volume and smoothing out the deep creases that run from nose to the mouth (called nasolabial folds or laugh lines).
- The treatment can take up to 30 minutes. The effect is instant and it lasts between 6-12 months.
- To gain an understanding of the use of dermal fillers in the face.
- To appreciate and have knowledge of the different types of fillers currently available and the pros and cons of each.
- Discuss and have appreciation of various injection techniques.
- To understand the anatomical considerations when using dermal filler.
- Understand the importance of accurate patient assessment from the initial consultation through to the actual treatment itself by watching a series of live demonstrations.
- To understand how to carry out the procedures by undertaking a practical workshop (hands on workshop session) on a live patient using a dermal filler for either lip augmentation, peri oral lines, nose to mouth lines.
Course Aims & Objectives
- An introduction to the cosmetic industry.
- Facial anatomy taught by experienced surgeons.
- The pharmacology of dermal fillers.
- How to undertake a gold-standard aesthetic consultation.
- Indications and contraindications of dermal fillers.
- Dermal fillers – Basic sciences; areas of administration and handling; the dermal fillers market and patient aftercare.
- Conquering complications safely.
- The keys to setting up a successful aesthetic business.
Training of Protocol to Administer Treatment
- Initial consultation, whether the candidate is suitable, expected outcome, ideal treatment plan for initial phase, on-going maintenance strategy.
- Consultation forms – what to fill out for initial consultation to remain on file and subsequent forms for each procedure.
- Before and After Photos and consent.
- Explanation to client of the treatment procedure itself.
- Preparation for treatment.
- Treatment procedure.
- Aftercare advice.
- Follow up contact details for advice or concerns following treatment.
- Booking of next appointment.
Requirements for this course
Open to experienced therapists only with one or more of the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Beauty or equivalent
- Nurse / Dental Nurse
- Dentist – or dental practitioner with a GDC number
- Level 4 Micropigmentation with Level 3 A&P
If you are attending our one day courses the times are as follows:
09.30am - 4.30pm Weekdays/weekends
For our courses, you will receive a 45 min lunch break and a short afternoon break also.
No case studies are required - no written exams.
Certificates are given on the day on the completion of a successful practical assessment with your tutor.
Fully insurable training course in the UK.
Price for the course: £ 1,500
50% non-refundable payment
50% on the day of course
Please note - We are sorry you CANNOT apply for this course if you only have a massage qualification or if you only have an Anatomy and Physiology as the accrediting bodies for insurance purposes will NOT accept these unless you also have one of the above requirements as well.