Foundation Botulinium and Dermal Fillers 2 Day Training Course
This combined course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform foundation cosmetic procedures safely, effectively and with confidence.
After theoretical teaching, our expert trainers will guide you through the techniques of delivering Botox® and dermal fillers on live models. With the highest level of training supervision available in the UK today, graduates from this course are able to start practicing aesthetic procedures the very next day.
Foundation Botox techniques:
- Upper face Botox® (forehead, glabella, and crows’ feet and bunny lines)
Foundation Dermal Filler techniques:
- Lip enhancement
- Correction of nasolabial folds
- Correction of marionette lines
- Cheek augmentation
Course Aims & Objectives
- An introduction to the cosmetic industry.
- Facial anatomy taught by experienced surgeons.
- The pharmacology of Botox® and dermal fillers.
- How to undertake a gold-standard aesthetic consultation.
- Indications and contraindications of Botox® and dermal fillers.
- Botox® – Basic sciences; areas of administration and handling; the Botox® market, and patient aftercare.
- Dermal fillers – Basic sciences; areas of administration and handling; the dermal fillers market and patient aftercare.
- Conquering complications safely.
- The keys to setting up a successful aesthetic business.
Training of Protocol to Administer Treatment
- Initial consultation, whether the candidate is suitable, expected outcome, ideal treatment plan for initial phase, on-going maintenance strategy.
- Consultation forms – what to fill out for initial consultation to remain on file and subsequent forms for each procedure.
- Before and After Photos and consent.
- Explanation to client of the treatment procedure itself.
- Preparation for treatment.
- Treatment procedure.
- Aftercare advice.
- Follow up contact details for advice or concerns following treatment.
- Booking of next appointment.
Course Outline Day 1 - Botulinium Toxin
- Anatomy of the upper face
- Overview of facial musculature
- Aging of the skin
- Overview of the multidisciplinary approach for the rejuvenation of the aging face
- Adverse events and treatment responses
- Injection techniques for botulinum toxins
- The indications of the face, which can be treated effectively with Botox.
- Botox Pre-Treatment Protocols
- Botox Post Treatment Protocols
- Observing a demonstration of the procedure on a patient
- Hands on injection time with Botox
Course Outline Day 2 - Dermal Fillers
- To gain an understanding of the use of dermal fillers in the face.
- To appreciate and have knowledge of the different types of fillers currently available and the pros and cons of each.
- Discuss and have appreciation of various injection techniques.
- To understand the anatomical considerations when using dermal filler.
- Understand the importance of accurate patient assessment from the initial consultation through to the actual treatment itself by watching a series of live demonstrations.
- To understand how to carry out the procedures by undertaking a practical workshop (hands on workshop session) on a live patient using a dermal filler for either lip augmentation, peri oral lines, nose to mouth lines.
Requirements for this course
Open to experienced therapists only with one or more of the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Beauty or equivalent
- Nurse / Dental Nurse
- Dentist – or dental practitioner with a GDC number
- Level 4 Micropigmentation with Level 3 A&P
If you are attending our one day courses the times are as follows:
09.30am - 4.30pm Weekdays/weekends
For our courses, you will receive a 45 min lunch break and a short afternoon break also.
No case studies are required - no written exams.
Certificates are given on the day on the completion of a successful practical assessment with your tutor.
Fully insurable training course in the UK.
Price for the courses:
- One-Day Botox Foundation 1 Day £ 1,500
- One-Day Dermal Filler Foundation 1 Day £ 1,500
- Combined Two-Day Botox & Dermal Filler 2 Day £ 2,500
50% non-refundable payment
50% due on the day of course
Please note - We are sorry you CANNOT apply for this course if you only have a massage qualification or if you only have an Anatomy and Physiology as the accrediting bodies for insurance purposes will NOT accept these unless you also have one of the above requirements as well.